We’ve designed this site to be compatible with modern web browsers and encourage you to update.
By Lisa Horn · 4/24/2020
As many of us are still under a "Stay at Home Order" and getting a little stir crazy - now is the time to plan for some future fun. The time when we can leave our homes and make a few random stops at our favorite coffee shop, retail store, market or restaurant. When we can worry less about germs and more about the fun we will be having this weekend, next weekend and in three months. We have the time now, so why not start doing a little research and planning for when we are allowed to break out of our homes? If you always wanted to visit Charleston, NC - start looking at hotels, restaurants and attractions and putting together a future itinerary.
Why not start planning your next trip to Lancaster County, PA? If you have visited before, you might want to stay a little longer or plan a few day trips to our area because there is so much to see and do. Of course we want you to come to Kitchen Kettle Village when all of this is over and we can safely welcome you back. And, I will remind you of all the virtues in case you forgot since we have been closed since March 17th.
1. Free - It doesn’t cost anything to visit or take in the beauty of the Village. It would be hard to leave without picking up a few of your favorite jams, pickles, salsa, fudge, popcorn or wine, but you can do it on a budget. You can also try our new “Contactless Pick-Up” that allows you to place an order online and schedule a pick-up time.
2. Fun - We usually have live music, plenty of fresh air, open spaces and interesting events. Check out the new events section of our website. Unfortunately we have had to cancel some spring events, but hope to offer events later this summer, fall and Christmastime. Check out the new events section of our website & don’t miss our delicious Tasting Tours.
3. Easy - With plenty of free parking, restaurants and lodging options you can come for a few hours of spend a few days when you stay at The Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village.
4. Shopping - With 40+ shops in the Village featuring everything from locally made furniture, food, quilts, leather goods & pottery - we have something for everyone on your list.
If you are looking for other great places to explore when visiting Lancaster County - here are a few of my personal favorites:
1. Travel back in time at The Strasburg Rail Road, America’s oldest operating railroad dating back to 1832. Take the train to Paradise and enjoy views of the beautiful Lancaster County countryside that you will want to share on Instagram.
2. Zip line at Refreshing Mountain Springs! Buckle up and try the 5-canopy zip line experience filled with fresh air, great views and thrills.
3. Visit Lancaster Central Market, the oldest continuously running farmer’s market in the country. The large brick structure is filled with fresh from the farm foods, gourmet offerings and tasty treats. The market is located in downtown Lancaster and was founded in 1730.
4. See a show at Sight & Sound Theatre where the bible comes to life. This state-of-the-art theatre offers exciting shows with beautiful sets, costumes, live animals & more.
5. Check out The Amish Farm & House, the first tourist attraction in Lancaster County to learn more about the Amish way of life and take a tour of the area. They also offer Goat Yoga. That’s right, all the benefits of yoga with baby goats.
Looking for more travel information? Visit discoverlancaster.com for a full list of resources to plan your escape to Lancaster County and the great outdoors. We are here for you now and when it is safe to visit again Stay safe and healthy and we hope to see you soon!
In an effort to keep you up-to-date with Village hours and best practices in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Take advantage of your time now at home to plan a future adventure when it is safe to travel again. Why not start planning your next trip to Lancaster County, PA? If you have visited before, you might want to stay a little longer or plan a few day trips to our area because there is so much to see and do.
In these uncertain times it is easy to feel negative and sad, but I encourage you to look at the glass (or jelly jar) half full. Here a few ways we can all stay positive during the COVID-19 crisis.
Whatever your preference, sleeping over at Kitchen Kettle Village is an experience not to be missed. There are studio rooms, one-bedroom suites, two-bedroom suites and “traditional” (if you call our one-of-a-kind decorating traditional) hotel rooms.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
KITCHEN KETTLE VILLAGE 3529 OLD PHILADELPHIA PIKE INTERCOURSE, PA 17534 800.732.3538