There is always something fun happening in the Village! Between the locally made and brand name shopping, the delicious PA Dutch Country foods, live music from Banjo Jimmy and festivals...what could be more fun? We take fun very seriously in the Village, and we even have a committee in charge of generating fun ideas and events. Here is just some of the fun you might experience on a visit:
• Parties at various stores throughout the Village (everything from Derby Days, to a Cheese Day Celebration & more)
• Employee Fun Days with special themes like "Character Dress Up", "Crazy Hats", "Christmas in July" and many more
• Student Musical Groups from 20 to 220 students
• Enjoy our "regular" Village musicians performing most days of the week. See the schedule listed below:
-Leo DiSanto performs most Tuesdays (weather permitting) from 11-3pm
-Ian Carroll performs most Wednesdays and Thursdays (weather permitting) from 11-3pm. He is a one man band who plays fiddle or viola and foot percussion. He is a full-time muscian who plays throughout Lancaster, York and Baltimore counties.
-Nick DiSanto performs most Fridays (weather permitting) from 11-3pm. Nick travels the world playing his guitar and DiSantomophone (a multifunctional intrument that includes a drum, cymbal, harmonica and more). He is quite the sight to see and hear.
-Saturdays feature most of the performers listed above with a few more sprinkled in for good measure.
* Please note that Banjo Jimmy, a long-time musicial institution in the Village, has had some health issues over the past year and does not currently play at the Village. When his health returns we are happy to welcome him back to play for all our guests!
• You might even stumble upon a flash mob!