2012 Rhubarb Baking Contest Grand Champion recipe.
- Crust: 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 4 to 5 tablespoons ice water
- Rhubarb Filling: 4 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup drained, crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- Crumb Topping: 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup coconut
Crust: In a medium bowl blend flour, salt and shortening until course crumbs form. Gradually add water and form a ball. Roll ball out on floured surface to fit an 8" deep dish pan. Cut off excess and crimp edges.
Filling: Mix rhubarb, pineapple, sugar and corn starch. Toss and coat well. Place mixture into prepared shell. Bake in a 400F oven for 20 minutes. Remove and add crumb topping. Place back into the oven for another 20-25 or until golden brown.
rhubarb, rhubarb pie
Show All Recipes