Serve this fall soup in a hollowed out baby pumpkin for a spectacular presentation.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fine diced onions
- 1/4 cup fine diced celery
- 1/4 cup fine diced carrots
- 1/4 cup cream sherry (optional)
- 3 cups Chicken Stock (low sodium canned okay)
- 4 cups Kitchen Kettle Village Pumpkin Butter
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Toasted Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Heat olive oil. Sauté celery, onions and carrots with a pinch of salt and pepper, until the onions are translucent. Add sherry and simmer 1 minute. Add chicken stock and simmer. Add pumpkin butter, then add heavy cream until desired creaminess. Adjust salt, pepper and nutmeg to desired taste. Serve warm, garnished with pepitas.
Optional garnishes: shrimp or crab
Optional bowl: baby pumpkin
pumpkin soup recipe, kitchen kettle pumpkin butter
Show All Recipes