A Delicious blend of pear and onion! Perfect for anytime.
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Basin Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 bosc pears, ripe but firm
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Basin 18 Year Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- French Baguette, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (4 oz) package chevre (goat) cheese, softened
- 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Olive Basin Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh Lemon juice from about 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, or sliced almonds
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 Tbl of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onions; cook uncovered 10 minutes, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in salt, brown sugar, and 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar. Cook about 20 minutes longer, stirring every 5 minutes, until onions are deep golden brown (onions will shrink during cooking). Set aside to cool. This can be done ahead and chilled in the refrigerator.
Cut pears into quarters and core, leaving skin on. Slice each quarter horizontally into 1/4 slices. Heat remaining 1/2 Tbl olive oil in nonstick skillet and sauté pears just until slightly soft and juicy. Squeeze in the lemon juice and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp sea salt. Set aside to cool. This can also be done ahead and chilled.
Heat oven to 350°F. Brush bread lightly with more olive oil and place on baking sheet. Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until crispy.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine goat cheese and cream cheese; blending until smooth; set aside.
Put the Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar in a small saucepan and simmer until reduced by half. It should be think enough to coat the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool slightly.
Spread the goat cheese mixture onto the bread, top with the caramelized onions and pear slices (dividing equally among each). Place the crostini onto a baking sheet. Place into the oven just for a few minutes to heat through.
Remove from oven and drizzle each with the Cinnamon Pear Balsamic reduction and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Crostini, Pear, Traditional Vinegar, Extra virgin Olive Oil, cinnamon pear Balsamic vinegar,
Show All Recipes