This shrimp is a great summer meal, skewered and grilled. Serve with your favorite pasta and fresh tomato wedges.
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup Olive Basin extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 and 1/4 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Place basil leaves, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves, Parmesan cheese, lemon peel, salt and pepper in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade. Pour remaining marinade in medium bowl.
Add shrimp to marinade in bowl, tossing to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes, tossing occasionally.
Grill skewered shrimp over high heat about 2 and 1/2 to 3 minutes per side until shrimp are opaque throughout.
Spoon over pasta and drizzle with reserved marinade.
Olive Basin extra virgin olive oil, Arbequina Extra virgin olive oil, shrimp, lemon,
Show All Recipes