Executive Chef Gracie at Gracie's 21st Century Cafe and Catering developed this fabulous pasta salad that would be perfect for a summer picnic.
- 2 tbps. Kitchen Kettle Tomato Basil Jam
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup olive oil
- Chicken Breast:
- Two 6-8 oz. chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- The Pasta:
- Cook 1/2 lb. of imported Angle Fair Pasta (package instructions- lightly oil the pasta and set aside
- 1 large rip tomato, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 2 ears fresh white corn-cut off the cob (discard cob)
- 4 scallions (cut angular in very think slices) 12 leaves fresh basil (whole)
- 1/ cup butter
Place all ingredients into a large non-corrosive bowl and blend well with a wire whisk. Keep refrigerated for up to 10 days.
Marinate the chicken breast in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before grilling. Fire up the grill to high heat and grill sear the chicken breast on both sides (helpful to spray oil to avoid sticking)
In a saute pan melt half of the butter and add tomatoes and garlic. Toss until the tomatoes begin to ooozzz their juices. Then add the corn kernels, scallions and the remanning butter. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for three minutes. Place the pasta in a pasta bowl and pour sauce over the pasta; add basil leaves. Toss mixture until well coated. Serve with a good grated Pecorino Romano or enjoy an Asiago cheese for sprinkling over the pasta at will.
Slice the chicken breasts across the grain in 4 slices each and arrange over the pasta...!
Show All Recipes