Cranberries and pears added to your favorite spice cake for a delicious treat.
- 1 box Spice Cake mix (substitute Olive Basin Roasted Almond Oil for vegetable oil)
- 2 pears
- 1 (9 oz)jar Cranberry Chutney
- 1/3 cup Olive Basin Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Prepare 9x13 baking dish by greasing bottom and sides of dish, lining with parchment and lightly greasing parchment. Peel, core and thinly slice pears. Lay in concentric circles covering the bottom of the cake pan.
In a small bowl, combine cranberry chutney, Cranberry Pear White Balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Stir until thoroughly mixed, spoon evenly on top of pears.
Prepare cake mix as directed on package EXCEPT substitute 1/2 of the liquid required with molasses, then use the remaining liquid as stated in recipe. Substitute Roasted Almond Oil for the vegetable oil. Pour batter into baking dish.
Bake as directed on package. Cool for 10 minutes. Turn out on serving dish and remove parchment.
Cranberry Pear White Balsamic, Spice Cake, Roasted Almond Olive oil, Cranberry chutney.
Show All Recipes