Talk about comfort food!
- 2-10 oz. packages frozen broccoli; spears
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup light cream or milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 10 oz. sliced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of paprika
Cook broccoli according to package directions, drain. Arrange crosswise in a 12x7&1/2x2 inch backing dish. For sauce, in a saucepan melt butter, nutmeg flour, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Add cream or milk and broth all at once. Cook and stir till bubbly; continue cooking for 1-2 minutes more. Stir in wine. Add swiss cheese, stir till melted. Pour remaining sauce over all. Sprinkle parmesan and paprika atop. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes of till heated through. Broil for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown.
Kitchen Kettle Village, Chicken Divan
Show All Recipes