Our very own Kristine Grego created this recipe for the 2012 Tailgating Festival here at Kitchen Kettle for a cooking demo, and visitors loved it!
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or regular margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 1/2 cups Kitchen Kettle Spiced Apple Butter
- Confectioners' sugar for the top
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 13x9x2 baking pan.
2. Sift flour with soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
3. In large bowl of electric mixer at high speed, beat butter, granulated sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy.
4. At low speed, beat in flour mixture (in fourths) alternately with buttermilk (in thirds), beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
5. Stir in apple butter; mix well.
6. Pour butter into prepared pan; bake 50 minutes, or until surface springs back when gently pressed.
7. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on rack.
8. To serve, cut into 12 squares; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Spiced Apple Butter, Autumn, Fall, Apples
Show All Recipes