The perfect combination of sweet and savory!
- Red Delicious Apples (or your favorite apple type)
- Granny Smith Apples
- 12oz. container 7-Up, Sprite, Ginger Ale
- 1-8oz. container cream cheese
- 6 Tablespoons Kitchen Kettle Garlic Herb Jelly
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
Horizontally slice apples 1/4" thick and remove the seeds. Place 7-Up in a bowl and add the apple slices. This prevents them from browning. Leave in the soda for approximately 30 minutes. If they are left too long they get mushy.
While the apple slices are soaking, mix cream cheese, jelly, and cheddar cheese in a small bowl. Remove apples from soda and pat dry. Spread about 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture on each apple slice. Top with crumbled bacon and freshly ground black pepper.
Yields 21 slices.
Makes about 21 slices.
bacon, apples, garlic herb jelly
Show All Recipes