The perfect grab and go breakfast
- For the muffins:
- * 1 cup wheat flour
- * 1 cup all-purpose flour
- * ¼ cup granulated sugar
- * 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- * ½ tsp baking soda
- * ½ tsp salt
- * 6 oz (½ cup)orange marmalade OR Carrot Jam (warm it slightly if it was refrigerated)
- * ½ cup greek yogurt
- * ¼ cup vegetable oil
- * 2 large eggs
- * 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- * Zest of ½ orange (reserve juice for glaze)
- For the glaze:
- * ½ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- * About 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- * A drop orange oil or 1/8 tsp pure orange extract
Make the muffins:
Center an oven rack and preheat the oven to 375F. Line 12 muffin molds with parchment paper liners.
In a large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients to combine.
In another bowl, whisk well the wet ingredients and orange zest.
Pour over the flour mixture and mix just to combine. Do not overmix. The muffin batter should be lumpy.
Divide between the prepared muffin molds and bake for about 15-20mins minutes, until lightly browned and a knife into a center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on a rack, then unmold and cool completely before glazing.
Make the glaze:
In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, orange juice, and orange oil. Whisk until smooth and piping consistency. Transfer into a small Ziploc bag, snip one corner and drizzle over the muffins’ tops.
The batter can also be baked in a loaf pan (8×4-inch). Bake at 350F for about 45-50 minutes.
Show All Recipes